The SFFA showcases the best in independent student cinema. We screen animation films, documentary and short films; The Film Festival includes conversations, talks and lectures for young upcoming filmmakers. With so much activity packed into just three days, we need volunteers.
We couldn’t do it without the energy and hard work provided by our enthusiastic volunteers. We invite you to sign up to join us this year.
Please fill out our online application if you plan on participating in this years Festival. To become a volunteer you must volunteer a minimum of 10 hours and attend one of our volunteer meetings.
What you can expect as a volunteer:
- You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
- Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
- Volunteer shifts run approximately 5 hours.
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at how a festival is run and learn more about the entertainment business.
- You’ll work with a team of professionals that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
- You’ll make new friends and connections.
- You’ll have the opportunity to view films before they are released (as well as some that may never be released).
What we expect from volunteers:
- Work a minimum of 10 hours
- We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
- We expect you to abide by our rules of conduct both on- and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the Festival.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect – friendliness and a smile can often make someone’s day.
- We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the Festival.